Did you know that skin is the largest organ of the body, weighing about 6 pounds and covering a surface area of 18 square feet?
It also has several functions. Foremost of these is its role as the first line of defense against the environment. It serves as a barrier that protects our body against pollution, bacteria, viruses, and other chemical substances we may encounter during our day to day life.
The skin also regulates our body temperature. It preserves much-needed moisture and maintains fluid balance in our body. It recognizes pain and warns our body of danger. And it protects us against the sun’s harmful effects.
Much has been said about the way we can take care of our skin. Eating a healthy diet, sleeping early, wearing sunscreen, staying hydrated, and exercising are a few of the most common must-dos for skincare.
See Real Customer Results
We’ve helped thousands of women fade dark marks, acne scars, and achieve glowing skin!
But there are other ways to keep skin healthy. Here are some of them :
- Stay Stress-free. When an important event is about to come up, chances are your pimples show up for it too, right? That’s because stress-inducing activities like these increase the sebum, which is the oily substance that blocks pores and leads to acne. So try to reduce your stress levels may be through yoga, meditation, or tai-chi.
- Take supplements. Much has been said about eating the right kind of food to keep skin healthy. But you can also take supplements every day. It’s a great way to give your skin a boost. There are several combinations that are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, while some even come in powder form to mix in with your coffee or smoothie.
- Minimize makeup. Who doesn’t love make-up, right? But putting on too much primer, foundation, and bronzer too often will tire out your skin easily and make it look dull. Also, when your pores are covered up, it can lead to clogged pores and skin irritation. Make sure you allow your skin to breath every so often and remove makeup asap.
- Use natural ingredients. The natural beauty trend is doing great things for our skin. Getting rid of toxins and harsh chemicals in skin care products and cosmetics is the one thing you can do to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Be sure to research the ingredients so that you’re 100% sure that they’re safe.
- Take Vitamin C. Vitamin C is like a wonder vitamin when it comes to skincare. Research shows that if your skin is infused with this antioxidant for extended periods of time, it can produce up to 8x more collagen. It aids in your skin’s natural regeneration process and can help repair damage caused by UV rays.
Vitamin C is available in several forms. You can apply it topically or ingest it. And one good way for your skin to get the full benefits of this vitamin is when you apply it as a face mask. It works directly on your skin so you can see results in as little as 10 minutes.
Dark Marks or Acne Scars?
This 10-minute mask fades dark marks & acne scars while brightening + preventing future breakouts.