The Power Of Turmeric: What Makes It Great For Your Skin?
If you’ve ever tasted Indian food then you’ve most likely come across the ingredient turmeric in one of the dishes.
Turmeric is known as the Indian saffron or the golden spice. It’s the extract that gives Indian curry its distinctive flavor, scent, and deep orange color and it is considered one of the healthiest ingredients on the planet. It’s known to improve every aspect of your health, even your skin.
Here’s how turmeric helps your skin :
1. It’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and is an antiseptic. These properties can help treat several existing skin conditions like acne, inflammation, and redness. Its antibacterial power calms skin and speeds up healing of larger, open blemishes. It’s antiseptic properties fight off acne and prevents the bacteria from spreading, while its anti-inflammatory effect reduces redness and swelling.
2. Does away with dark undereye circles. Turmeric is also known to be a lightening agent. So if you need to get rid of those tired-looking eye bags then this is your best bet. This ingredient stimulates circulation and improves your blood flow, minimizing puffiness and reduces under-eye darkness.
3. Evens out skin tone. After you’ve gotten rid of your acne, there’s still the job of getting rid of the marks they left behind. Turmeric is great against hyperpigmentation and acne scars. It reduces the excess production of melanin which is the pigment responsible for dark spots. So the result is a better skin tone and less visible scars.
4. Fights aging. Skin aging occurs when free radicals are formed which can damage skin cells. Turmeric, which is high in antioxidants, can neutralize these free radicals and minimize the damage they’ve caused like fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. It protects the integrity of the skin and maintains its texture and elasticity, making it soft and smooth.
5. Brightens skin. Because of its texture, turmeric is an effective exfoliant. It sloughs off dead skin cells and promotes skin cell renewal without sacrificing moisture. It polishes and revitalizes as it brightens the skin and gives it that healthy, natural glow.
Now that you know the value of turmeric to your skin, why not try something that contains not just the skin-enhancing power of turmeric, but a collection of other effective ingredients as well? Imagine how potent that product would be in giving you the skin you want.